The Surgical Pathology service consists of approximately 30,000 cases per year, including in-house and consult cases. The service runs on the cooperative efforts of multiple individuals throughout the hospital.
- Surg Path Resident Schedule
- PA and Tech Schedule (posted in cabinet at accession desk)
- Faculty Schedule (available in folder at accession desk)
- Yearly Resident / Fellow Schedule
- General Calendar of Events and LMROC schedule (Google cal)
Resident on Call (pager 7054)
- Daytime (8 am to 7 pm): Gross Room resident is on call
- Evenings (7 pm to 8 am): LMROC is on call (pager 7910)
- Weekends: LMROC is on call (pager 7910)
Attending on Call
- Morning (8 am to 1 pm)
- Afternoon / Evening (1 pm to 8 am) and Weekend
- Check quarterly schedule for specific attendings
LIS on Call
- 7 am to 4 pm: 6880
- 4 pm to 7 am: LIS on-call (pager 6880)
- Always submit a ticket by emailing the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and CC-ing the LIS at #UCH-ISLIS@uchospitals.edu
After Hours Specimens
- Gross Room dumbwaiter receives specimens from CCD OR and is operational 24-7.
Gross Room tube station (212/230) receives specimens from COMER or DCAM and is operational:
- Weekdays: 7 am to 6:59 pm
- Saturday: 7 am to 2:59 pm
- Specimens sent via tube outside of these hours (Weekdays 7 pm to 6:59 am, Saturday 3 pm through Monday 6:59 am) are re-routed to Central Lab Receiving / Lab Service Center (TW-005, tube 201/301) in the Mitchell sub-basement.
- After hours CCD frozens can be sent via the dumb waiter.
- After hours DCAM or Comer frozens should NOT be tubed. OR staff should hand-carry the specimen to the gross room, or arrange for transport. The Surgical Pathology Resident on call should be paged.
- Other permanent specimens obtained after hours are held in the operating room refrigerators or tubed to Central Lab Receiving (if size allows).